Tuesday, February 9, 2010

We're Engaged!






It didn't all go as planned, but I got the job done and it's official! So here's the story...
She had gone dress shopping that day with her Mom in Provo and came back a little frustrated with the day having not found anything she really liked, and I was debating whether or not to even do it. I decided it was high time and it just needed to be done so I went for it. She got back to my place a little later than planned, about 7:45. We then headed up to Snow Basin hoping to find better powder than over here in Ogden.
And on the drive over i pretty much blew it. I totally said "the ring" at one point and totally had to miserably fail at trying to cover it up. Haha oh well :)
Anyway we got there and tromped around in the fresh snow a little bit. Unfortunately the moon was cloud covered at least 90 percent of the time so the full moon didn't really pan out. And between having ALOT on my mind and occasional playing in the snow together, let's just say we got really turned around. We spent the next 30-40 minutes backtracking and walking around in circles trying to find our way back. Yeah, we actually got lost. 5 minutes from the truck. Finally a trail groomer came along in his snow cat and we asked him which way was back to the parking lot and he told us just right over that little hill. So we headed that way and sure enough in five minutes we were back to the truck.
My plan was to ask her while out snow shoeing but we were already back to the truck and it was now or never. So as we got to the truck I acted like I was setting down the snow shoes we were carrying and messing with my coat I was also carrying. I was kneeling down doing this and I came up with the ring in it's box on one knee and asked her to marry me. I just kind of blurted out the question and then told her how much I loved her and wanted to spend forever with her. She was 80 percent surprised and after smiling and being shocked for just a moment she fell to her knees too and we hugged for a while. And kissed. :) We sat there freezing and getting snowed on for another 5 or 10 minutes outside the truck looking at it and smiling and hugging and what not before we finally got in the truck.
So not a textbook proposal, but now we've got a pretty great story to tell. Between me blurting it out, no full moon, getting lost so dang close to the truck, and the proposal happening at the truck not out in the meadow... it's a pretty funny story.
So April 17 at the SLC Temple it is! Bring on the good times!

4 comments:

Matt, Nat, Hallie & Gracelyn said...

what a great story i don't think it was that bad at least she said yes(you will have to ask matt about that). congrates

Hanson Family said...

I am so excited for you guys!

jill kynaston said...

Cute story. We're so happy for you two. She's a smart girl to say yes--you're a catch Steve-o--I've always said so! :)

Adam Kynaston said...

Dear dear Steve, we're so happy for you :) Consider yourself hugged tightly :)